BECOME A YOGA911 TEACHER
Live shooting (handgun) exercise at an off-site location (The
Range Complex (RTC)
This field trip exercise will include shooting, under the guidance of a trained (RTC) firearms instructor, under moderately stressful circumstances. The stress will be exercise induced. The purpose of the exercise is to give teachers a better understanding of how mindfulness and yoga can positively impact an officer’s performance in a stressful situation.
The Range Complex: Founded by former members of Delta Force (1st Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta), The Range Complex offers Tier 1 customized tactical shooting courses, specialty training courses, and consulting solutions for government, military, law enforcement, corporate clientele and the public. Our Cadre of Instructors have extensive Special Operations and combat experience; are recently retired from 1st SFOD-D “Delta Force” and other military special units, or are Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors with over a decade of experience training elite SWAT and Special Operations personnel.
Yoga911 Level 1 Training is designed for yoga teachers who want to effectively teach yoga to First Responders and want to enhance their understanding of the First Responder mindset. In this training, participants will learn valuable mind-body skills to support the health, healing and resilience of First Responders. In this training, teachers will be introduced to the following:
- Yoga911 health and resiliency practices
- The role of Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)
- Learn about police, fire and EMS culture
- Live shooting exercise (not mandatory)
- Yoga in various levels of fire gear
- Learn how to lead a first responder yoga class
- Learn how to conduct student intakes, evaluations and observations of students when working with first responders
- Learn how to approach and discuss yoga training with local departments
- Explore key studies, emerging research, and current health care needs and learn how to use them effectively to support your teaching and program development
When: November 13 – 15, 2020
Friday 5 pm – 8 pm / Saturday & Sunday 8 am – 5 pm
Where: Guiding Wellness Institute (Fayetteville, NC)
This program provides RYT continuing education accepted by Yoga Alliance. Participants must be present for the entire training in order to receive CEU credits.
Official registration should be available in the next two weeks or so. However, because the class is limited to 18 teachers, we are allowing you to pre-register. No money will be required to temporarily hold your spot. Once registration is officially open, you will have 24 hours to officially register before registration is open to everyone. Please provide the listed information if you would like to reserve your spot. Thanks, Chris