Chicago Police Department launches early intervention system to spot cops at risk for suicide, excessive force, abuse – Chicago Sun-Times

I applaud the Chicago PD for doing something, but this is nothing new. Instead of only looking at on-duty variables (25%) of an officer’s life, what if they included off-duty variables (the other 75% of their life)? How much more predictive would that data be?

The data-driven system was developed by the University of Chicago Crime and Education Lab. Executive Director Roseanna Ander said the “Officer Support System” will differ from “off the shelf” systems in other big-city police departments.
— Read on chicago.suntimes.com/city-hall/2020/9/1/21417150/cpd-chicago-police-department-suicides-excessive-force-complaints-early-intervention

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:
Skip to toolbar