Only 10 seats left!
What we offer:
Training that enables officers to proactively support each other by using peer to peer psychological coaching to prevent and/or mitigate issues before they manifest into life threatening and/or career threatening situations.
Participants learn to conduct 45 – 60-minute peer to peer psychological coaching sessions, in which they learn how to “quarantine” trauma, anxiety, depression, and stress. As a result, many issues are dealt with before they negatively affect an officer’s personal and/or professional life. Effective results have been seen both nationally (United Kingdom) and internationally.
To give officers access to quality peer to peer psychological support.
- To proactively address stress, anxiety, depression and related mental health conditions at the “peer level” in a timely, academically, and culturally informed manner.
- Increased ability for officers to provide psychological self-care for themselves and/or a peer.
- Increased psychological resilience and the ability to enhance the post-traumatic growth process.
- Increased cohesion and trust among team members.
- Fewer stress related incidents, workman’s compensation claims and/or early medical retirements.
- Fewer absences
- Better decision making (fewer citizen complaints, fewer use of force incidents, fewer vehicle accidents, etc.)
- Better communication (internally and externally)
- Increased morale.
BA (Hons), PGCE, PCC, MSc, FcollT.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Police Training (National & International)
– Intelligence Services Training (Private & State)
– Prisons & Youth Offender Institute Training
Historically, we put Psychology into policing after the damage has been done. why not before? Al is committed to making that happen.
Al holds three degrees from UK Universities and is dedicated to making Positive Psychology principles available to all in front-line services. Al completes monthly shifts with the London MET Police Force and Essex Police Force in an active researcher role. Ultimately, Al plans on using his Ph.D. (Psychology) research to increase the post traumatic growth and resilience in the UK Police.
Al has 12 years teaching experience in four state secondary schools in areas of high deprivation and high crime in the UK. Additionally, he spent two years lecturing at the postgraduate level in the UK and one year internationally. He is also an ICF (International Coaching Federation) professionally certified coach.
Training Agenda: The first 2 ½ days will be dedicated to Inner Armour Quarantine Training and the last 4-hours will be dedicated to Mindfulness Training.
*There is NO COST for this training session*
Training Dates: December 2 – 4, 2019
Wake Technical Community College (Public Safety Education Campus)
321 Chapanoke Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
Map & Directions
Registration (Seating is limited to 30 students)
Contact Chris Davis at:
Yoga911@yoga-911.com or 910-988-7088
Please Provide: name / rank, department, email address, and phone number